Quick, Safe, Reliable
The Best Tube Plugging System for Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers (Fin Fan Coolers)
Tube leaks in ACHE units (also called fin fan coolers) are difficult to identify and repair due to the limited access to the tubesheet through the plugsheet. Typically when leaks in the tubes are identified they are plugged by using tapered hammer-in plugs, or in higher pressure ACHE units, the plugs have to be welded in place. In both cases, the damage frequently occurs to the tubesheet, plugsheet, and/or adjacent tubes.
Pop-A-Plug® Air Cooled Heat Exchanger Tube Plugging System offers significant advantages over hammer-in or welded plug applications for the following reasons:
- Average installation time: 2 minutes per plug
- No weld permits required
- No expert welders required
- Consistent and repeatable installation
- No damage to plugsheet threads, tubesheet, or adjacent tubes.
- Permanent sealing solution with removability option
To see how the Pop-A-Plug® Tube Plugging System bypasses the void space and plugs leaking tubes, watch the video below:
Features & Benefits